TONKAWA San Diego Elders Club
May3, 2009 TONKAWA minutes:
The TONKAWA Secretary opened the doors and set up the room at 11am. Also early are TONKAWA Vice President and members: Jerry Starnes, Rita Hochvert, Manuel and Cecilia Flores. By 11:45 there, are 10 more TONKAWA members socializing and drinking ice tea and coffee.
Meeting called to order by TONKAWA President Violet Tunohun at noon. We had a respectable number of members and guests in attendance this Sunday. She called on visitor Alex Olea to provide the prayer.
Great fare for a fine table of Elders and friends. Our terrific TONKAWA members continue to keep happy smiles and real good eats in this potluck meal. There is plenty of Good Hot TONKAWA coffee brewing to wash it all down.
Tonkawa Old business: Oct. 4, 08 Community after picnic report tabled again until the Tonkawa treasurer attends the meeting.
Tonkawa New business:
1. Violet announced that we would continue to have the TONKAWA meetings on the first Sunday of the month and avoid conflicts with schedule American Indian activities in the San Diego region. (6/5/09 is the next meeting.)
2. Jerry Starnes reported about the fee and availability of the Admiral Baker field for the next TONKAWA Elders picnic. Tentative date- On Hold.
3. Further craft ideas were brought up as activities for the meetings.
4. Alternatives to the picnic are under consideration: TONKAWA members and guests luncheon or dinner at a nice place.
5. The Many Nations location rumbles are being heard and contingencies are under consideration for the future meetings.
We cleaned up and some TONKAWA members were still talking and laughing as they went out the door by 1:45 pm.
UCR Warriors Pow wow
UCR Sports Center - UC Riverside Campus
Event Begins at 10 Grand Entry 1pm and 7pm
Click here for Flier
Remember to 24/7 look to the American Indian Source site for the calendar of upcoming events. Click on the link below now.
Maybe we will see you and a friend (We are always recruiting Elders to be TONKWA members!). It is always nice to see new members and guests drop in and are encouraged to return. This is a real nice down home meeting to attend. We are also very pleased to enjoy the regular attendance of TONKAWA along with community guests and family members.
Roy Cook, TONKAWA secretary